Except for the monthly Newsletter updates and meeting announcements the website has been rather neglected mainly because I am the only one maintaining it and frankly other club issues have taken up all my available free time. Which is why I am not standing for Vice President again this year, I’d like to devote the time to improving the site. I’d also like to get other people involved in the process, particularly the SIGS, posting to a WordPress Website is pretty easy, that’s the whole point of it, and I have some tools now that make it even easier.
Use has been pretty dismal, one of the reasons I went with WordPress is I can easily obtain usage data, and here it is for the last year:
As you can see it is tapering off.
Visually I think some changes are needed:
- I need to pick a responsive theme so the site shows up well on tablets and handheld devices
- We need a less dark theme that is easier to read
- The print needs to be larger
- I need to get some constant updates, preferably relevant RSS fees that update themselves for industry news. In other words, I need to make this place a portal
- I need to get the original nncug.org URL pointed here – that site no longer exists, but the URL is pointing to nowhere. Since we still do not control that, it is going to take some doing.
Anything else come to mind?