If you don’t know computers, you need us; If you do know computers we need you.
Next Meeting: Saturday June 17th, 10 am
March Meeting Topic: TBA
The Tablet SIG
will be meeting at 9:00 a.m. before the NNCUG regular meeting on Saturday, June 17th at the Lancaster Public Library in Kilmarnock. It will include hands-on help, Q&A, and sharing info about what new apps you’ve discovered.
GAMES (Apps for Tablets and Phones)
From BJ’s February Presentation
Note: Many of these require Internet access to play.
Next meeting: Tuesday, June 13th at 9:30 at the library.
Free software for organizing Photos
FastStone – BJ demonstrated this at the meeting.
Click here for the April 2017 edition of the newsletter. Older editions can be found under “newsletters” on the menu at the top of the page.
- Go to www.twitter.com – Click on Get Started/Sign Up/Join Today.
- Enter a name (If you want your friends to find you to “follow” your tweets, you should use your real name.)
- Choose a password
- Type in a valid email. (Twitter will use this to send a confirmation email – and, depending on your settings, notifications when, for example, someone new “follows” you, or retweets a tweet of yours, etc.)
- Check box to let others find you by searching for your email address (but your email address itself will not be displayed).
- For now – skip entering a phone #. If you enter a phone #, Twitter will seek to verify it by having you enter it ON THE PHONE WHOSE NUMBER YOU ENTERED.
- Choose a username (which will be your @catchy name)
- Choose photo for your account (Profile icon: View Profile: click on Camera Box to browse to a photo on your computer.)
- This creates an URL for your Twitter homepage: www.twitter.com/yourusername
(Download full handout from link at top of section)
Upcoming Meetings of the Computer Genealogy Group.
Each meeting will be held at 1 P.M. in the Auditorium at Rappahannock Westminster-Canterbury in Irvington.
Genealogy Meeting Notice
We will meet at 1 pm, this Thursday, May 11, at RW-C. The topic will be
The Genealogy Proof Standard (GPS). What is it and why should I use it.
More Genealogy notes and announcements can be found here
The Treasurers report is included in each month’s issue of the computer link which is available on the menu at the top of this page.